Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Product Review | Arm & Hammer Cat Litter Deodorizer Powder

Having gone through several brands of kitty litter for my multi-cat (Sammy & Colby) I've experimented with
several brands in trying to cut costs, purchasing dried leaf kitty litter to avoid having to carry anything heaving up the flight of stairs to my apartment etc.
I find a good kitty litter should have the following characteristics:


  1. Must clump when the cat uses it
  2. Must not be too powdery, to reduce dust
  3. Should have some odor control
  4. Best of all - My cat Sammy must like it, if she doesn't she gets "pissed" off (meaning on my bed)
Characteristics 1 through 2 are pretty easy to achieve since it states that information on the box. Characteristic 4 can only be achieved through trial an error, most of them time my cats are usually picky with the amount of litter in the box.  They like at least 4-5 inches. Characteristic 3 I achieve by adding at least 1/4 cup of Arm & Hammer Cat Litter Deodorizer Powder to the litter on a daily basis which is as often as I clean out the litter. This product has been a life saver when it comes to kitty litter odor. I've tried products with baking soda in the litter but I run into problems like the litter not clumping well or even the odor now being controlled as much as I would like it to. The addition of Arm & Hammer Cat Litter Deodorizer Powder to the non scented kitty litter that I use, I find, successfully does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment